Quality & Safety
Ecolog’s Quality and Safety (Q&S) drive is to think differently in its approach to Quality and Occupational Health and Safety. We want to stand out from our competition, rather than follow the traditional context of QHSE, HSEQ, or SHEF. Today, we have an integrated Q&S footprint in all our contracts that is built on the five Q&S principles: Producing, Checking, Q&S Control, Q&S Management, and Q&S Assurance. These principles form the spine of the QS System, around which the Integrated Management System is built.
Health, Safety, and the Environment
Ecolog fosters a healthy and safe working environment, and complies with all relevant local and international regulations. We conduct our business in a way that protects the interests of the wider community and that minimizes any negative impact on the environment.
Ecolog has a strong commitment to its people, customers, and the environment. We aspire to operate a safe, injury free, and healthy workplace. Therefore, the company will provide services and products that are always of the highest standards, thereby minimizing impact on the environment.
Within our HSE Policy we describe our commitment to:
- Provide a safe and healthy place to work;
- Instill a safety culture at all levels of Ecolog;
- Comply with applicable regulatory and legislative requirements;
- Lead by example and demonstrate ownership of our safety values at all levels;
- Engage and consult with employees on day-to-day health and safety conditions;
- Provide clear instructions and adequate training to employees;
- Report and communicate openly about health, safety and environmental performance; and
- Evaluate results to continuously improve our safety performance.
Ecolog’s Health and Safety Policy will only achieve maximum effectiveness if all employees, and the partners we work with, maintain a consistent and positive attitude towards safety. Therefore, all Ecolog employees abide by the following Ecolog global guiding principles:
- Accidents and injuries are preventable
- Management are accountable and individuals are responsible for safety
- All employees have a right to stop a task if it is not safe to execute
- Efforts in safety will bring results
Quality and Safety start with leadership
Q&S starts with leadership, not just at the top but at all levels of the business. Leadership sets the example for others to follow, and, in the Q&S context, it sets the highest level of good practices within the various areas of responsibility. These perceptions of commitment in developing a Q&S culture, together with a Generative Organization, have a strong bearing on the actual behaviors and performance of our people. At Ecolog we work together to make it culturally unacceptable when safety rules are broken. We will achieve Q&S through:
- Education and Training
- Ownership & Accountability of Corrections
- Effective Communication
Ecolog’s Integrated Management Systems
Ecolog has developed and implemented a global Integrated Management System (IMS). We did this in order to modularize our Q&S business practices, better satisfy the requirements and expectations of our customers, and to improve the overall management of the company.
The IMS brings our Quality, Safety, Environment, and Food Safety programs together into one efficient and coherent System. Ecolog’s IMS defines how Quality and Safety activities are conducted within our operations and acts as a repository for contract documentation, archiving/records, and past performance.
Ecolog’s ISO Certifications
The IMS is audited regularly by QMS International, a registered Certification company with the Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle GmbH (DAkks), whom themselves are members of the International Accreditation Forum (IAF). Our IMS is currently certified against the International Standards Organization (ISO) Management Systems of:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- ISO 22000:2005 Food Safety Management System
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series
Ecolog is member of RoSPA
Ecolog is a member of the UK’s leading safety charity RoSPA, which promotes safety, the prevention of accidents, and supports companies in improving their safety performance. With its membership Ecolog fully supports the important work of RoSPA, and, at the same time, will benefit from the extensive expertise RoSPA provides to further improve Ecolog’s safety performance at its locations around the world.
Ecolog is member of JIG