WWTP & WTP Chemist
The WWTP & WTP Chemist supervises and monitors the entire Waste Water Treatment Plant process (WWTP which can be: SBR, MBBR, containerized units, etc.) and Water Purification Process (WTP which can be: reverse osmosis, nano-filtration, sand filtration, etc.).
Key Responsibilities / Duties
The WWTP & WTP Chemist is responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Monitor the treatment process on a daily basis.
- Completing the necessary lab chemical and biological tests of the waste-WWTP, completing the necessary chemical and biological tests of the water at the WTP.
- Adding certain chemicals as per the manual or according to the test results in the waste water at certain points of the treatment process.
- Daily check of the equipment and machines related to the WWTP & WTP.
- Adhering the health safety regulations when operating the WWTP &WTP.
- Preparing detailed daily report of the treatment process.
- Preparing a daily lab result report.
- Maintain stock and process required to facilitate an efficient running for WWTP & WTP.
- Troubleshooting automation unit(s).
- Knowledge about emergency procedures while working with chemicals
- Knowledge about transportation, storage, usage and disposal of chemicals.
- Ability to read the Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s) for chemicals in use.
- Monitoring all flow meters and pressure gauges to ensure adequate and properly treated effluent from WWTP and treated water from WTP.
- Conducting preventative and corrective maintenance and keeping records of maintenance log sheets.
- Reporting to the on-site supervisor/manager for any issues or obstacles.
- Follow guidance given by the on-site supervisor/manager.
- University degree in chemistry or equivalent.
- Experienced in laboratory testing.
- Fluent in English language, other languages would be an advantage.
- Experienced in WWTP & WTP or equivalent.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must possess intercultural skills and demonstrate ability to effectively work with all levels of company personnel and external clients.
- Must be punctual, energetic, and proactive.
- Willing to travel internationally.
- Willing to work in crisis areas.