Senior Civil Engineer
The Senior Civil Engineer shall be responsible for engineering and economical management of construction projects. He will be the responsible person on site in all engineering and economic issues related to the project entrusted to him. He will represent Ecolog towards the client in all issues related to his project. He will have staffing responsibilities for all staff assigned to his project. The Senior Civil Engineer reports directly to the Head of Engineering. He will technical and financially close the project after completion with necessary reports.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
The Technical Manager is responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Responsible for the implementation of projects such as camps, roads, technical facilities within camps, i. e. for water, sewage and waste.
- Develop construction specifications and procedures
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate building and construction materials
- Interpret, review and approve survey and civil design work.
- Ensure construction plans meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations
- Establish and monitor construction work schedules
- Conduct feasibility studies, economic analyses, environmental impact studies or other investigations
- Conduct technical analyses of survey and field data for development of topographic, soil, hydrological or other information and prepare reports
- Supervise engineers and technical staff and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates
- Assist in the development of the facilities development planning (scope of work outlining, initial ROM estimation, etc.).
- Provide technical advice (attend meetings, suggest options, etc.).
- Management responsibilities, including contract supervision
- BSc civil Eng. with 9 years of experience or MS civil Eng. and 7 years of experience, academic degree has to be according to European standards or comparable
- Should possess a Health and Safety Certificate for construction sites according to European standards
- Minimum 4 years working experience in underdeveloped countries
- English level C1 of the European reference level
- Versatile with MS Office Products Word, Excel and Power Point
- Driving license class B