Ecolog hosts responsible business debate in Tetovo
Ecolog International has hosted a high-profile debate on the subject of responsible business and the environment at its offices in Tetovo, Macedonia.
Organised by the German Embassy and local environmental NGO, Eko-svest, ‘Responsible Business – Climate Action’ drew together a range of political, third sector and private sector delegates for a discussion on the role that business can and should play in improving the environment.
Delegates were addressed by the German Ambassador to Macedonia, Mr Thomas Gerberich, the Mayor of Tetovo, Teuta Arifi, and the Deputy Minister for the Environment, Jani Makraduli. Delegates also heard from representatives of Eko-svest, which initiated the local clean air project, ‘City Tree’, a green billboard designed to filter car pollution.
An open discussion then followed, welcoming voices from across the political, environmental and business sectors.
A spokesperson for Ecolog said:
“We were pleased to be able to support today’s event, given the important role we know that business can play in improving the environment for communities.
“We also know from our involvement in environmental projects both in Macedonia and abroad that it is cross-sector cooperation that generates the most interesting debate and can lead to the greatest results.”
- Ecolog International main sponsor at the Munich Security Conference
- Ecolog International Supports American Football charity in Germany
- Ecolog International supports those who serve
- Ecolog continues its CSR commitment and assists Al Nasr community in Iraq with mobile teaching facilities
- Ecolog Extends its Social Responsibility Partnerships in Central African Republic